Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I have waxed and worked 40 hours of labor on a boat now the

Customer Question

I have waxed and worked 40 hours of labor on a boat now the person wants to stop payment on job
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Do you have a legal question I can answer for you?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What are the actions I can take if I have performed work on a boat in florida and the person is refusing to pay for services?
Thank you for your follow up.Do you have a written contract for this work / service with the owner of the boat?What is the reason the owner is refusing to pay?What is the amount that you think owner owes you?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had five men show up and wax his boat the boat is clearly done he says he can't feel the wax which no one can and refuses to pay. The boat beads with water sprayed on it which shows it has wax. The amount is $1500 boat looks90 percent better than when we started
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's an older boat he knew this was not going to be perfect as he stated in a text to me he hoped to get one more year out of it before he painted it
Thank you for your follow up.Did you have a written contract for work / services with the owner?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No just a text and verbal order. He is not contesting Permission of work
Thank you for you follow up.Generally, if the boat owner refuses to pay as agreed for the work performed on the boat, then a lawsuit can be filed against the boat owner in the local county small claims court and such lawsuit can be filed without hiring of a local attorney and here is the link to the information as to how to pursue small claims case in Florida: http://www.flcourts.org/resources-and-services/family-courts/family-law-self-help-information/small-claims.stml I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.