P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My marriage was on Feb 18th, and we separated on April 15th

Customer Question

My marriage was on Feb 18th, and we separated on April 15th in the state of Virginia. Now my husband wants to come with a case of adultery thinking I cheated when I did not. How can I defend myself
Category: Military Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been an attorney for more than 30 years. This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.1. What do you meant he want to come with a case of adultery? Are you saying he wants a divorce based on adultery?2. Were you involved in any kind of a relationship with another person that did not lead to a sexual affair, or is your husband just imagining all of this? Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Even if you don't desire a phone call, I still need to minimal information that I asked about to be able to assist you. I look forward to hearing back from you.Doug