Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.

I failed my prt last year, and I just failed my bca

Customer Question

hello, I failed my prt last year, and I just failed my bca this cycle. my command's lpo notified me that i am most likely to be seperated. what kind of seperation am i looking at?
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Military Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: ive been in for almost 2 years, I do not have any bad record. only a prt failer and bca failer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Military Lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. With no misconduct in your history, the most common separation status is an Honorable discharge based on performance issues, most specifically related to the PRT/BCA. Only in very rare circumstances do I see something less than an honorable discharge under these facts, and usually it is because there are some other issues in the past, in addition to the command believing the failures are intentional (a form of malingering) which is illegal, but difficult to prove. With your facts, you should expect an honorable discharge based on PRT/BCA failure as the narrative. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.
Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.