P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

Is a Military Protective Order sign by a person other than

Customer Question

Is a Military Protective Order sign by a person other than the commanding officer valid?
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Military Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: A military protective order was signed by direction, not signed by the commanding officer. I can find nothing that authorizes a military commander to delegate by direction authority for the signing of a military protection order. Incident stated in a location on the installation where a girlfriend, they don't live together, was physically assaulted by military, arrested by civilian law enforcement. Commander issued a military protection order but order was not signed by commanding officer.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Military Lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help
Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you provide some context? What is going on? Is this at court martial? Art 15?