P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I filed weather related health issues from exposure to cold

Customer Question

I filed for cold weather related health issues from exposure to cold in Korea in winter 1953 and 1954. I was on an isolated radio relay site. My claim was recently turned down. I need help from someone who can help with the Korea cold clamis.
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO. I filed the initial claim myself and am looking for the right representative to help the appeal process.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Military Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Military Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I could send copies of the information and such that I sent in. I went to a local Veteran's claim helper, but he had no idea of the health issues or the cold-related information on the VA website. He's a Viet Nam guy. So I did it myself. I live in North Idaho...Coeur d'Alene. Get care from local clinic and VA hospital in Spokane, WA.
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. I have experience as a VSO (veterans services officer)...would it help to talk on the phone? I will send the offer

Hi...I sent the offer or a pone call nearly an hour ago and have not heard back from you. I have to step away for a few hours but will follow up on return