Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

There are people in my next higher chain of command that are

Customer Question

There are people in my next higher chain of command that are starting rumors about me and someone of the same rank from a different service. They are calling it an inappropriate relationship because we are a male/female friends. In my opinion they are in violation of hostile work environment and bullying. I can not find anything in the regulation that would define an innapropriate relationship between two of the same rank from different services that are not in anyway in each other Chain of command
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Military Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Military Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No, they are saying because we have been seen around Camp together multiple times. Almost all of the information that they brought up was 100% false and complete rumors
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There is nothing in the UCMJ that would prevent two members of opposite sex of same rank in the same or different services from being friends and associating with one another. You need to report the conduct towards you to your command and your command should work to resolve this issue and stop the rumors. Your other option is that you can go to your local JAG office and get their assistance to assist you in making your complaint through your command complaint process.