P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

My son is in kabul serving in the u.s. army. s wife is

Customer Question

My son is in kabul serving in the u.s. army. His wife is unfaithful and is recklessly spending all his income. What are his rights. I have power of attorney. How can we limit the expenses.? He wont be home until sept. What is he legally responsible to pay for. Rent, car payment, car insurance, groceries???? Married 2 years 1 child.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help
Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
Army regulations require he "support" his dependents. Can you tell me, does his family live in base housing? Or in town (off base)?
HI...I had asked a question to obtain follow on information to help answer your question. If you can answer the question I may be able to assist. As a heads up, I have to step away for next 45 mins or so but will follow up with your response when I return