Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My boyfriend is active duty and is married to another woman.

Customer Question

my boyfriend is active duty and is married to another woman. Their marriage was the result of her needing a green card and him wanting to get married soldiers salary. I would like to report this. Who should I report it to and what are the consequences/ process ?
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else I can tell the Military Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: my boyfriend also owes me $8000 which we have a signed contract stating this and I plan to file a civil suit on monday
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.
my boyfriend is active duty and is married to another woman. Their marriage was the result of her needing a green card and him wanting to get married soldiers salary. I would like to report this. Who should I report it to Response 1: U.S.Army Criminal Investigation Command. You need to speak with CID Special Agent. Click on the link below for contact information: http://www.cid.army.mil/reportacrime.html or and what are the consequences/ process ? Response 2: Your claim would be investigated. Punishment is fine, jail time, demotion, and discharge from the military. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.