Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Stone SS I want to sign up the benifits

Customer Question

***** ***** Stone SS I want to sign up for all the benifits I can get.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The Gov. has a lot of benifits that will go out at tyhe end of this month
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purpose only.
Have you actually contacted the Social Security Administration for them to review your account and benefits, because right now because of some minor changes from the budget act there are many false statements being made about SS benefits being reduced or money going away at the end of this month and this is simply not true. There were minor changes to SS that do not impact benefits of those collecting SS right now, but these people are publishing articles and books to make money trying to scare people.
Only the SSA can review your benefits and eligibility for any of these benefits, but the only benefit going to change would be the "file and suspend" benefit. Under file and suspend, it allows one spouse to file for SS so that their spouse can collect SS under their benefit and then the primary spouse suspends their SS benefit and continues working. This will change and no longer be available come May 1. However other SS benefits will not be changed or reduced or increased.