Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
20011183

I'm pending adsep performance and I have

Customer Question

I'm pending adsep for unsatisfactory performance and I have a month left can I take terminal ??
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: ??
JA: Anything else I can tell the Military Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. Unless you have been in less than 6 months at the date of your separation (at which point all leave is forfeited for an unsatisfactory performance separation), you technically can take terminal leave. Now, terminal leave is not a right. It is a privilege that command can choose to allow. Your command can approve it or deny it, but you can certainly request it and it be granted legally. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.
Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.