Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.

What happens if I stop showing up to drill in the state of

Customer Question

What happens if I stop showing up to drill in the state of Wisconsin?
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I want out and I don't think I'm gunna go to drill and I basically just want to know if I'll go to jail
JA: Anything else I can tell the Military Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. That's going to depend on your command. Technically, they can issue a warrant for your arrest, but this is not common. The more common result is that they will initiate an administrative separation. If they are upset, they'll seek an other than honorable type discharge. If they don't really care, they'll seek a general discharge, as it is less paperwork. Chances of going to jail are very low. I've never actually seen it happen in my career. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.
Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.