How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19014
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Major General James Christ***** ***** is trying to get out

Customer Question

Major General James Christ***** ***** is trying to get out of the U.S. Army approximately 2 years early, because of his 14 year old son is living with a nanny. his wife passed away, and he needs to get home, if possible to take care of him. He is also engaged to a woman in Montana, that is going to be his wife as soon as he can get back to the United States. His Commanding General is saying it will cost $6,780.00 to replace him with a soldier from Guana, that is Qualified to do his job. I have never heard of this, but I realize that the Military has their own ways of doing things.
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Military Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No that is the most I know at this time
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. You've never heard of this because it is 100% false. If a military member needs to leave to take care of a family member, there are hardship separations that the military can use to let them go. It's free. We never have to pay to leave. We are either able to leave, and do so free, or we can't leave because there is no one to replace us. This is an exceedingly common scam that we are seeing, run out of African nations, by creating a fake social media profile, striking up relationships with people and then asking for money for leave, to buy their retirement or any other number of things...and it works because people are generally unknowing about the military and the individual is in love. Do NOT send any money and cease contact. This is all a complete lie. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.

Related Military Law Questions