P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

Sir entered Navy may 73 discharged may 74, raped on ship

Customer Question

sir entered Navy may 73 discharged may 74, raped on ship reported to medical officer went to naval hospital then back to ship, nothing went into record but then I started developing symptoms of ptsd which was not a disorder until 1980. 2014 awarded 100 per cent va service connected disability ptsd military sexual trauma wish to upgrade discharge and correct military record, Stil have to explain cannot even get disabled vet license plat for car, many other hinderences sorry name is ***** ***** R Chipman
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: were to begin, 17 1mo 1day entered Navy went to base alcohol program, was not great sailor, very immature. got caught with pot summary court, lost A school sent to fleet USS Forrestal 2dys before med cruise was beaten down raped by 2 attackers, 16 hours later went to sick bay sent by ambulance to naval hospital. Refused to stay for observation went back to ship after weeks started developing symptoms of ptsd
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the information, however, I am unclear on a few facts of your case and exactly what information you are looking for. First, can you tell me what discharge characterization you have? (General, OTH, BCD, DD?) What specifically was the reason listed on your discharge for your separation? Are you asking how to request an upgrade of your discharge characterization?