P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am considering taking a polygraph test own reason but I am

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I am Eric. I am considering taking a polygraph test for my own reason but I am a regular pot smoker because of a serious brain injury when I was a child. I know that pot has a big influence of the test and I am just wondering if smoking weed will effect my test at all. Or, how long should I stop smoking for to take the test accurately?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Well, other than that I have another big important question that will be very involved.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
IT will not...that is, the way that polygraph tests work is not impacted by marijuana use. The only issue would be if the are asking about marijuana use...
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.