P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I'm ***** ***** My Ex is a Gov Civilian and will be

Customer Question

Hi. I'm ***** ***** My Ex is a Gov Civilian and will be deploying. Am I entitled to additional child support based upon my need for additional daycare and his income
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He currently pays child support, but asked me not to take him to court for more while he's deployed. I don't find that to be fair
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
There is no "automatic" right for more income. HOWEVER, child support is always subject to modification if there is a showing of a change in circumstances. So if you can show that his deployment will significantly increase your child care costs? You can ask the the court to modify the order. You would need to hire an attorney to prepare and present this to the court for you.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.