Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

I am ***** *****. If I was investigated by OSI and or FBI

Customer Question

Hi, I am ***** *****. If I was investigated by OSI and or FBI but was never arrested or pulled in for questioning will this show up on the security clearance background or NCIC check?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I believe I was investigated by those agencies because one of the friends I was associated with got arrested for something a few years ago and then a month later I was followed and heavy survillianced.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience including experience in the Department of Defense Personnel Security Program (security background checks). I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

No. There would be no basis for there to be a report. If there is no arrest record than there is nothing to show up in the databases. Under federal law pertaining to Criminal History Records Information only certain types of information is disclosable in a records check.

Further, without having been interrogated you have nothing to disclose in your security application. There is nothing for you to be concerned about in this situation.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.