P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I'm getting divorced, my daughter is 20 years old and a

Customer Question

I'm getting divorced, my daughter is 20 years old and a sophomore in college. My daughter is receiving the post 911 GI bill at 90% . I am paying the difference , about $18,000.00 a year Is BAH part of my income when calculating overall income?
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: He told me my BAH was considered part of my gross income. My wife is a registered nurse and I make approximately $20,000.00 more dollars partly due to my BAH
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Military Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpSorry....not sure I understand your question...are you asking if the court can consider your BAH as income despite the fact. You gave the GI bill to your daughter?