P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

The court ordered property settlement agreement stated

Customer Question

The court ordered property settlement agreement stated "wife" was to receive survivor's benefit. It was not changed to "former spouse" within the following year. This was 21 years ago. What to do? How to fix?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpSorry....I am not sure I understand your question...the language in the court order is not the issue. The issue was did the retired member elect SBP?