P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

My name is ***** ***** Colon I've placed under

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** Colon I've placed under administrative investigation for over almost 4 years still have not hear anything after interview almost 2 years ago I am currently military technician for army How long can administrative investigation last for?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes I was placed under investigation on 2012 for fraud for paying myself, I submitted all documents required and was interviewed twice after that I was told a decision was pending and I'm still waiting for response, that was in 2014, I went on deployment, returned 2015 and still haven't received anything but my privileges have been suspended since 2012, upon return I asked several times if a determination was made and nothing, I escalated to my second supervisor which informed me cpac was aware of my situation and were determining a resolution
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You mentioned the term military technician ; are you on active duty ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I have dual status I am a civilian employee and a reservist, and my question is, is there a statutory time for administrative actions investigations? 4 years is a long time to be under investigation it seems

Thank you. There is no statute of limitations for administrative of investigations. In theory they could go back dozens of years.

If this were a criminal matter; the criminal statute limitations would apply.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that there was a statute of limitations_, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.