P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I have a dismissed domestic violence charge. It was first

Customer Question

I have a dismissed domestic violence charge. It was first dropped down to a misdemeanor assault, then it was dismissed all together when I went to trial. All that was asked of me was to complete a 30 week domestic violence course and 30hrs of community service.
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I already went to OCS for the Marine Corps last Jan 2015 before any of this happened.
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: I have a dismissed domestic violence charge. It was first dropped down to a misdemeanor assault, then it was dismissed all together when I went to trial. All that was asked of me was to complete a 30 week domestic violence course and 30hrs of community service.Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/military-law/7dib4-explained-airforce-recruiter-dismissed-domestic-violence-civil-court-air-force.html#ixzz41tTjjSXw
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Military Lawyer should know?
Customer: I already went to OCS for the Marine Corps last Jan 2015 before any of this happened.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?