P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am having issues with an overdue NCOER, The NCOER was due

Customer Question

I am having issues with an overdue NCOER
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The NCOER was due in AUG 2015. They just now finished it. The problem is the Reviewer is the one tried to write it the 1st time. I got it stopped and the correct rater done it correctly. The review was not happy with and decided to write the Senor Raters bullets, and had him sign off on it. I have two NCOER that shows the same bullets for the Senior rater but supposedly from two different raters.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Would it help to talk on the phone? It is late for me tonight, but I am available tomorrow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My understanding is that the reviewer is not allowed to write or tell the rater or senior rater how the NCOER is to be written
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I agree with you. Every member of the rating chain should form their own opinions on the ratings

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.