P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

There is a regulation that allows the military services to

Customer Question

There is a regulation that allows the military services to discharge members because they "cannot conform to military service"? When was it put into effect? What substantiated the implementation of this regulation?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...your question is not clear.

You are asking about a regulation...but by nature, regulations apply to services.

And, frankly, if you are looking for a regulation that is 30 year old or older (and the regulation you are describing is over 30 years old)? You are going to be hard pressed to get an actual date (short of coordinating with the archives department of the service in question to try and pinpoint the exact date)

Then there is law (Title 10 US Code) that governs all services.

This is a bit easier to track down when it was implemented...but even then, the law would be well over 30 years old so not sure that is available online.

What is it you are looking for exactly? The law or the regulation?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The real intent is to find the sociological study that was used to establish the law. I was briefed (as an American Army officer) at The British war college in Chettleham, England. The study or source document established numbers to apply to the general population: (the Brits thought this was genious)
3% are lifers, 7% love military service, the rest dislike military service. 25% will continue to serve to obtain life goals like retirement, a paycheck, or hospital care. The remainder stand too as a matter of duty then go about their lives at completion of tour (noble obligation). The bottom 2% hate military duty (they are in hell): 1.5% will perform because of their buddies but get out as quick as possible. 1/2 of 1% just cannot cut it: 5+/- out of a 1000 it loiters at the 3/4 persons range per thousand, I need this information to place a NJROTC or an JROTC in a county that is anti-military. I have to Validate that information.

Thanks for clarifying.

What are you asking for is beyond what I am willing to do (I am not willing to put hours into researching this. Sorry).

I will opt out...it may be another expert would be willing to field this

Best of luck

Phil