Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG
19127644

My name is ***** ***** and I need help with having a mpo

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** and I need help with having a mpo recalled for my husband to come home. He is in the navy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Someone told me to say that my husband put his hands on me. Just so he can take angermangement classes and I went to his command and said it. And they took him away for 30 days his mpo exp. Was Feb 22. He came home and went to work and told him his mpo doesn't exp till 12:00am. Then an hour later told him that they going to keep the mpo on him for another 30 days
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. As you likely know from reading the TOS and disclaimers on this Site, this is not a personal representation site, so we cannot directly assist you with your issue. We can discuss the rules, laws and your options, but that is the extent of what we can do.

In this case, your husband's Command can extend the MPO if they believe that is it necessary in this situation. You can certainly try speaking to the Command again and asking them to lift it, but they have the right under the law to do what is appropriate in their judgement. That said, if your husband believes he is being singled out and treated differently, without any legal basis, he can file an Article 138 complaint against his CO and the Flag officer over his CO will decide the issue. You can find out more about these types of complaints by going to the following link: http://www.public.navy.mil/surfor/cnspig/Documents/Article_138_Complaint_of_Wrongs_Against_the_Commanding_Officer.pdf

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed after reading the information I provided. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you