P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My son is at Lackland AFB in TX BMT. After being there two

Customer Question

Hi,My son is at Lackland AFB in TX BMT. After being there two weeks and completing all task as directed he was placed Med Hold. He did not go to medical but was told to by an officer who observed him favoring one foot. While at the med center his foot was x-rayed and he is told he has arthritis and can't continue. The reason he is in med hold has nothing to do with arthritis, his feet was sore due to the boots. He was issued a light weight boot which does not irritate his feet yet he is told he will be discharged. He is torn in that this is what he wanted as a carrier. He ha a degree in criminology and had plan to further this carrier in the USAF. I do not feel he has been allowed due process of military policy. He is not been given the opportunity to go back to BMT to determine if the diagnose condition will impact his ability to perform the required duties for a recruit in BMT. Hi my name is Emery ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, I sent the details before I typed in my name. It is about my son in Med Hold at Lackland AFB TX.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Would it help to talk on the phone?

Follow up...do you have a question regarding this matter?