Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

I just got in trouble the birthdate on my military ID card

Customer Question

Hey I just got in trouble for altering the birthdate on my military ID card what do I do
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 9 months ago.

You "got in trouble" by which authority, military or civilian?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well I was at the gate to come on base I did tamper with my military card along time ago but I forgot about it and he seen my birthdate was a little weird and asked for my license and told me to pull around he ask me if I tampered with it .. Never being in this situation I lied and said no he told me to step out of the car and out me in handcuffs asked if I had been drinking I said no gave me a breathalyzer and I passed and then took me to my boat and my chain of command said I'm going up to drb then xoi then captains mass
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He was a police officer at the gate .. Usually it's two types of people navy personnel that check your ID or police officers

Well, if you're going to captain's mast you'll be given the opportunity to consult with a defense counsel beforehand. You and your counsel can decide whether you want to accept. My advice would be to accept, as this is the lowest level punishment you're likely to receive for such offenses.

If the command wants to, it could charge you both with altering the ID card and with lying to the officer at the gate.