P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I live in Ohio and I am 68 yrs old. I have a less than

Customer Question

I live in Ohio and I am 68 yrs old. I have a less than honorable discharge. Can I get a ccw permit?
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, But I am wanting to take the class and get the permit
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Military Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was a kid and went awol
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Military Lawyer should know?
Customer: That is what I did wrong and it was 48 yrs ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me more about the basis for discharge? What was the basis?