Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
20011183

Have been chatting to who I was told is a pilot officer

Customer Question

Have been chatting to who I was told is a pilot officer deployed to Pakistan. Due home last week but tour extended for 6months. He wants"transit leave". Have been put in touch with***@******.*** (AlfredWatson) who says he approves leave but we will be billed for cost of documentation. Told it will be expensive.Is this genuine or a scam
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

It's a scam. First off, we aren't in Pakistan right now...at least by any official means. Second, we don't pay for leave. It's either available because we have it in our leave bank or we don't have any and can't go. There is no way for us to buy extra leave and there is no such thing as transit leave. Civilians aren't billed for documentation....no documentation is necessary when we take leave. usa.com is also not a military IP address for email.

None of these things are true and this is clearly a scam to any person in the military.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.