Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I served in the US Air Force years and retired with an

Customer Question

I served in the US Air Force for 22 years and retired with an honorable discharge in Oct 1998. My wife and I applied for a Global Entry Pass and was scheduled for an interview with Home Land Security. During the interview process tonight I learned there is a FBI record of a Non Judicial Punishment action (UCMJ Article 15) that I signed and agreed to in Feb 1998 while serving at Langley AFB, VA. This was for a military laptop hard drive that I had illegal stored sexually explicit images on. The FBI database record only reflects that I was arrested for stealing military property. This is not true and is very vague, with no details on the case or the actions that followed. I am looking for legal advice on how this can either expunged from my records, or corrected to reflect the accurate description of the Article 15. I signed the Article 15 and never received any further punishment. Now 18 years later I can't believe this in the FBI database. I have been employed with Navy Federal Credit Union since my retirement from the Air Force over 17 years ago. Except for this one blemish I have lived a wholesome and clean life with my family in PWC. I have ARAG Benefits from Navy Federal so I hope you will be able to provide legal council on this matter. Sincerely, ***** ***** W. Baker***-***-****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure, let me know what other details you are looking for.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We cannot represent anyone from this site, it is forbidden by law as well as site rules.
You will need to apply to the Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records (http://www.afpc.af.mil/afveteraninformation/airforceboardforcorrectionofmilitaryrecords/). You need to contact them and file your appeal listing all of your accomplishments and your career since signing the Article 15 and explain the circumstances and current issue and ask for them to issue a correction and removal from the records based on your not having any further issues and finishing your career honorably.
The AFBCMR is the only one who can adjust the record and remove the Article 15.