P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I have MS. It is my understanding you only have six years

Customer Question

I have MS. It is my understanding you only have six years from active duty to make a claim. I was active 86-87 and Maine National guard 89-94. I was told I had MS in 2001. Can I make a claim with my guard service? My email is***@******.***
Thanks for any help.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

The issue is is there any evidence to show that the MS was caused by or aggravated by your service? What does your doctor say?