P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Is Asthma considered a compensable disability by the VA? No,

Customer Question

Is Asthma considered a compensable disability by the VA?
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Military Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I did a total of 8 years in the military. I just found out about 2 years ago, long after my discharge that I have Asthma. I am 68 years old. I had no way of knowing that the way I felt after exercise was abnormal. I exercised more because I thought my conditioning wasn't good enough.
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Military Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I served in Vietnam and I was exposed to agent orange. I had prostrate cancer as a result.
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. I am happy to provide an answer for you...but want to ensure you are willing to rate/accept the answer when we complete. Do you agree with this?