Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

Having the same issue, saw a Civilian doctor I was given a

Customer Question

Having the same issue, saw a Civilian doctor I was given a prescription and want to fill it. I messaged my PCM today to make sure it was fine to fill and take the prescription. So far they are giving me the run around. I want to know if I have the right to take the prescribed medication. It's nothing special just antibiotics that the PCM themselves probably prescribe. USAF here.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure I have been seeing the medical providers on Ramstein AFB for 8 months, been sick with a throat infection, gave me rheumatic problems and even heart pain I asked to be given antibitoics to try and clear the infection, they refused, so after 8 months I decided to go to a civilian doctor and was given a prescriotion
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

There is NO legal prohibition to you receiving civilian based medical care and no prohibition to you taking prescription medications. Theoretically medications that could impair operational readiness could be an issue, but that certainly does NOT apply to antibiotics.

Do not hesitate to meet with the Base JAG officer if someone tries to give you grief on this (very unliekly).

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would like to keep my post private or remove details.

I will notify Customer Service.

Please do not forget to rate me, it adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good karma for you. Thank you.

Is there anything else you need on this?

I am happy to help you with any further follow p questions that you may have.

Kind regrda,

Gerald

If you are satisfied with the answer please do not forget to rate me (click the five stars). It is important for both of us. A positive rating lets future experts know that you are a serious and reliable customer.