Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I was wondering if a court martial can be expunged? I was

Customer Question

I was wondering if a court martial can be expunged? I was convicted of wrighting bad checks in Okinawa in 1991. I went on to serve in desert storm and receive an honorable discharge and I have a spotless record since then. How do I do this?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Unfortuately there is no procedure for the expungement of military court martials. The federal laws do not provide for that.

BUT you may qualify for a Pardon. Pardons are often issued for court martials of the type you describe. There is an especially good chance for a pardon in the last year of a Presidential term. SO now is the time to pursue it. See this link for detailed information on the process:

http://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardon-information-and-instructions

look at step 6 in particular.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.