Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
20011183

I served 6 years in the national guard. What kind of benefit

Customer Question

I served 6 years in the national guard. What kind of benefit I have.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Generally, there are not a lot of benefits for military members just based on 6 years of military service. To have any medical benefits, you'd need to show some sort of service connected medical condition.

However, with 6 years in the reserves, you would be eligible to file for a VA home loan the next time you purchase a home. This would give you good rates and allow you to purchase a more expensive home without the need for a 20% deposit, as the VA puts a guarantee on the loan to the loaning agency.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.