P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I was granted 70% in 2010 and I was in Vietnam honorable

Customer Question

I was granted 70% in 2010 for PTSD and I was in Vietnam honorable discharged, Does my 70% go from 1970 to present 2010? thank you Steven Schlicht.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Steven, I am sorry to be the one to break bad news.

Federal law allows the VA to "back pay" benefits the later of

1. The day you leave active duty

2. The month you file the claim.

Whichever date is later? That is what the backpay to. By law they can not pay any earlier

Again, sorry to be the one to bear bad news

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

follow up