Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

5 in WA. ARNG. AN E9 we knew is having relations with my

Customer Question

I'm E5 in WA. ARNG. AN E9 we knew is having relations with my wife. I was out of it and beleave he took advantage of our situation going to couple concealing. We are going thought a divorce. Is there any thing I can do? It doesn't seem right.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Yes, report it to your command. If he is having a sexual relationship with your wife he is guilty of adultery.

If substantiated, at a minimum , he'll be administratively separated; but could could also likely be court-martialed.

A court-martial for a guard memeber for adultery alone is not very common, but I'd imagine that when questioned there's a good possibility that he'll lie about the relationship; and at that point, because of additional charges of false statements, he may be court-martialed.

But you should absolutely report this to your command.

If you have any follow-up questions, please let me know. If not, please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is positively (three stars of more) rated.

Thank you.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. If not, please rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is rated. Thank you.