How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 13860
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to sue and the government and make them pay court and

Customer Question

I want to sue and the government and make them pay for the court and lawyer fee's. The government is empting my bank account. I have to pay back my Military bonus plus interest. Reason: The Recruiter had me sign the bonus one day after I enlisted. I found out back in 2013. Got a letter saying I can dismiss this claim. I did what it stated and didn't hear anything back. Went to my unit. Fallowed chain of command. I didn't get anything back. I was Honorably discharged and passed all my PT test. After I was out I got sick and had to apply for Medical Bankruptcy. I went for a chapter 7 and they even dismissed the Military case. It was removed from my credit History. Then The Gov took all my income taxes last year, And they are now taking all my money in my bank accout. I just found out my check bounced. I couldn't pay RENT. I hired a attorney a few years ago. He has been working on case for over 2 years. He said no matter who he wrote to, called, and got in touch with they gave him the run around and he got no were. Now I am broke, Going in Dept fast and could eventually be pushed onto the street because I can't pay my bills.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As of last month I know longer have a lawyer. He Even said He is glad I kept all Documentation I had, That I kept the correct things. But He got promoted to being a Judge and can no longer work on my case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to bed I work in morning until 3pm. I would like to sue and when I win my case have the Government pay for all fee's and after all I went through have them pay back what is I am in-titled for. If possible sue for more so the Government can learn to correct this issue and have a proper channel to respond when they give you option to respond so you can dismiss case but it is only going one way. There is nobody else on the other end. In past I only wanted them to simply dismiss the case and let the government keep the money the wrongfully took from me. If you cant help me my next step will be contacting the Media. This case was dismissed in court, Dismissed on my credit report. Then Re-opened without notification and I am not getting a chance to represent my case. I would of never re-enlisted if it wasn't for the bonus. I profiled and honored my contract. Now it's the Governments turn to do the same in return. Can you help me?
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Sure. What are the grounds for collecting back the enlistment bonus that you were paid?