Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
20011183

I was reading information given by you website. My question

Customer Question

Customer: I was reading information given by you website. My question regarding my dd form 214 under (reason and authority) states para 3-8q amf 39-10 & usafmpc (afpmakp) (afpmakp) msg sdn-715 a-087/2jul68. Can you deciefer this information? thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was discharged after asking for an early out and received an honorable discharge. I was looking for the Airforce explanation if any.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Military Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and nearly 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

I will do my best to decipher it for you, though we are dealing with very old publications.

First, the AFM 39-10 is referring to the manual that granted commanders the ability to separate people before their term of service ended.

Para. 3-8q is just the notation from that regulation, and refers to separation based onnot meeting the minimum requirements for continued service. Sometimes it's medical...sometimes just not wanting to be in or stay. Mostly, it was used as an excuse to let someone go early.

The SDN-715 is referencing the idea of an "Early release for the convenience of the government." It is meant to indicate that it is not based on misconduct or anything dishonorable.

The rest is just the date when the message of approval was received from headquarters allowing the separation.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required.

If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.