Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

I need a separation form from the military. I served 11.5

Customer Question

Customer: i need a separation form from the military. I served 11.5 years but left as a contract . I need to know how to get that form to see if I get an separation paper. my name ***** ***** de la garza and still employed as a Rn at the va
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I desired to get a loan from the VA so I can a home.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Military Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: You can catch at bbb3637 at Hotmail.com and I willing to get the information tomorrow. I need to know if those 11 years that I served in the reserves is worth anything thanks. I be up at 1000 tomorrow . thanks Sir
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Every person that has served in a branch of the military receives a separation document known as a DD-214.

For a VA home loan, you'll need a certificate of eligibility from the VA stating that you're eligible for the loan. You can get that document on the VA website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/purchaseco_certificate.asp

This is the document every lender will want to see if you are seeking a VA loan. I'm familiar with that process having recently gone through it.

You'll also likely need a copy of your DD-214. If you cannot locate your DD-214, I can assist you in determining how to get a copy of you tell me which branch of the military you served.

Thanks.

If you have any follow-up questions, please let me know. If not, please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is positively (three stars of more) rated.

Thank you.