Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My appeal was granted by BVA and sent back to VARO in St.

Customer Question

My appeal was granted by BVA and sent back to VARO in St. Louis, MO to process a rating and compensation. I had a 50% rating for PTSD and had appealed for a 70% increase. The BVA granted my appeal. I received my letter from the BVA on 1 December 2015. I have heard nothing back from VA and have called them but they are not really very helpful. The ebenefits site just says the VA is reviewing since 10 December 2015. Any idea how long the St. Louis, MO RO takes before they make complete my upgrade and reto pay?
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, the BVA did grant me a financial hardship which they did a Motion to Advance my appeal. They did red flag my case so the VA would Advance it but the VA is clueless. They are so worried someone is trying to bully them.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you just received your appeal granted this month December 2015, it generally takes St. Louis about 30 to 60 days to get everything corrected and get your account fixed. You need to contact St. Louis again and fax them a copy of the letter you received stating your increase was granted, so then they will not be as clueless as they are right now, since they likely have not seen the information you have seen, as generally one hand does not ever know what the other is doing over there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did call them and yes they have the paperwork that the BVA sent to me. The St. Louis, MO VA received it electronically approximately 2 days after I received mine in the mail.Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? I'm not trying to bully the VA, it's just I am not working and have almost 3 years retro coming from when I opened my original case.
Thank you for your reply.
It is the GOVERNMENT, there is pretty much nothing you can do to speed them up. The process usually takes 30 days, but can take up to 60 and that is what they take and there is no legal action to speed them up. The ONLY thing you can do is try to call and get a supervisor on the phone who is sympathetic and talk them into speeding up the process.