Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

Enlisting with a act on my medical story.
, It was when

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, and enlisting with a baker act on my medical history.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was when I was 18, it was a Tylenol overdose, hardly, and they thought I was suicidal, I was evaluated and cleared after the weekend. I am now getting my pilots license and working towards a degree and want to enlist in the Navy, curious as to whether there are waivers for my situation or if I'm permanently disqualified?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Military Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 11 months ago.

The Military Entrance Processing (MEPS) will almost certainly disqualify you for service based on a Baker Act commitment. After that, you and your recruiter could submit a waiver request, but unfortunately, it is very unlikely you'll be granted a waiver.

Being "Baker Acted" is generally a permanent disqualification from military service.

I've seen one waiver granted, but the person was not an adult when it occurred.

If you have any follow-up questions, please let me know. If not, please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is positively (three stars of more) rated.

Thank you.