P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I was discharged under other than honorable conditions on my

Customer Question

Customer: I was discharged under other than honorable conditions on my dd214 and had it up graded on a dd215 re-3 re-3b I don't know what that means exactly?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was going to try to get my hand gun permit and I don't know if I can?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Military Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information, however, I will need clarification of your facts and your question. I apologize for the previous posts you had to respond to, that is the Site's automatic posting system. We don't work for the Site and those postings aren't particularly helpful to getting to the issue and answer, so we often have to ask the relevant questions.

In any event, please tell me why you were discharged with an OTH. In other words, what was the underlying misconduct and how was it disposed of before being discharged? Did you have a court-martial or an Article 15 hearing and when (what year) did this take place? Also, you say you received an upgrade, can you be more specific? To what? A General or Honorable and what does your new DD 214 or 215 say as to reason for discharge and what is your separation code (3 letters)? Finally, what service were you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was awol 111 days

Sorry, but I need the answer to all of my questions. Please log on if you can not see all my questions and answer each one of them fully so that I can help you. Thanks