P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Follow up: I have seen this...(only those with 2 years

Customer Question

Follow up: I have seen this...(only those with 2 years active service....) language printed in library while doing other research and should have stopped to memorialize it but was distracted & didnt (Not failed Ludlow act); and then months later did see
something like it on FB, but am not relying on FB for anything. Could it be part of Military Code of Justice or some other encoded set of laws/requirements other than straight USC citation?Thanks, Janet
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your reply. It is not in the UCMJ, as that only has to do with Military Justice issues and not acts of Congress that have to do with war. I am intimately familiar with the UCMJ, the USC and the Constitution as I was a career JAG and then worked as a Constitutional law attorney dealing with Federal law and ConLaw issues. As touched on, there would have to be a Constitutional Amendment in order for a law, such as the one you mentioned, to be enacted since the language on the Constitution is plain and does not limit who in Congress can vote. As you can imagine, these days, if this were the law there would be a mere handful of eligible voters since there is a dearth of prior service Congressional Representatives these days.