Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

If a chief is frocked then is getting paid from the first of

Customer Question

if a chief is frocked then is getting paid from the first of the month (dec 1st)... then has his promotion recommendation removed after NJP on the 7th of that month (dec 7th), (mind you he is getting paid on the fifteenth of the month for the first half
of the month so he technically hasn't received any money but will on the 15th)... is that legal?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 12 months ago.

Frocking is a process of allowing a person to wear the rank they've been selected to before the promotion officially occurs. The person is not officially promoted, therefore, is not paid at that rank.

So, this person may have been frocked to chief, but he/she was not getting paid as a chief.

Moreover, is a person is frocked, they have not officially been promoted, so an NJP is grounds for the command to delay or deny a promotion to the rank of chief.

Thank you for your question.

If there are no other questions, please remember to rate my response. Just Answer only credits me for my responses if they have been rated positively. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I just want to know how to fight it

You'd like to know how to fight the NJP?

Thanks