P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I'm trying to figure out if I am able to purchase a firearm

Customer Question

Hello I'm trying to figure out if I am able to purchase a firearm with a special court martial conviction. The conviction was for wrongful use of spice.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

A Special Court Martial Conviction is considered a "misdemeanor" for purposes of firearms ownership.

What you describe? Your conviction for spice will not impact your ability to purchase a firearm

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.