P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am prior Air Force. I recieved an under honorable

Customer Question

My name is***** am prior Air Force. I recieved an under honorable conditions discharge and a reentry code of 2b. I am trying to get both changed and possibly go back in the reserves. Please advise!
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

The only way to change the RE Code is if you can prove "error" or "injustice"

The board of corrections for military records has the power to change an RE code. HOWEVER, they will only make such a change if you can prove error or injustice.

What you are describing ? If you applied to the board of corrections and they denied you? The only recourse you would have would be to file an appeal in federal court. However, you mention 7 years ago? There is a 3 year statute to appeal this...you have waited to long to go to federal court

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you can appeal this, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.