P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Is it legal bank to freeze your account because your husband

Customer Question

Is it legal for a bank to freeze your account because your husband was a disabled veteran and they believe that sometime in the future his pay will be owed back to the government? Of course they took out payments to themselves, but completely locked me out - my debit card was declined at the grocery store and the gas station. I believe that I alone owe my creditors, should it be reclamation by the government or my credit card bills. I would expect the government to bill ME, not the bank for any overage they are due back. I can't pay my bills, or purchase those "little extras" like food and gas. Also, is there a former military lawyer near my location I can talk to about (1) insurance coverage - they say it was not an accident that he hit a deer on his motorcycle, he would have had to hit another vehicle. (2) Emergency personnel did NOTHING right and provided no medical attention (vital signs, IV, talk to hospital, put on board so that when they picked it up his head fell off the back, took off his helmet when begged not to by other,experienced riders with him - they had plenty of room to add a cervical collar with his 3/4 helmet in place), took him a few miles up the road and parked, waiting for Air Evac (they had turned one back, then called again - took 1 hour 30 minutes for them to get there) said they could not transport him the 30 minutes to the trauma center "because the roads were bumpy". My husband was conscious and talking until they intubated him nearly 3 hours after the accident. I need a Pit Bull who is not afraid of investigating the municipality that sent the negligent ambulance drivers (who may have been volunteers, were certainly not exhibiting that they had been trained/certified as First Responders).
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. It seems like you have several questions...would it help to chat on the phone about this? If so I can send an offer.