Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

Iv met a us milatary man and sent money leave and money

Customer Question

Iv met a us milatary man and sent money for his leave and money for his replacement now said he's in truble for trying to take gold out of the country that he found and is asking me to pay his fine am I being scamed
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, yes, it sounds like you are being scammed. Perhaps a servicemember would need money to travel during leave. I have no idea why money would be needed for his replacement.

The person may not be in the military, but if he is, you should consider reporting this to the branch of service he said he was a member of.

Thank you for your question.

Please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if the customer rates my response. Thank you