Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

My chain of command gave me a company grade article 15 92 a

Customer Question

Hello sir my chain of command gave me a company grade article 15 for article 92 for bringing a weapon on post i was told that i may recieve a chapter under 14-12 c i was wondering if i recieve this what are my legal options and what kind of discharge will i recieve thank you
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

You will be given the opportunity to consult with a JAG. If it is determined that you'll be separated from the service, you will receive an administrative discharge.

Have you had the opportunity to speak with a JAG?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i have not yet and in terms of an administrative discharge how will that affect my ability to recieve a job in the civilian world

It may not affect your ability at all, depending on the job you are seeking. It is not a conviction, but anything less than an honorable discharge might cause problems if you are seeking a position with a state or federal government agency. If you are seeking a position with a private company, it might not have any consequence at all.

If the character of discharge is less than honorable, it will affect your entitlement to the Post 9/11 GI Bill, however, you will still be entitled to most other VA benefits.

Please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if the customer rates my response. Thank you