rsa.esq
rsa.esq, Lawyer
Experience:  Sworn to the California Bar in 2011. Former staff editor at The New York Times Co. and seasoned news professional of 20 years experience in the U.S. and abroad.
70205316

My son's mother is in the Army and is stationed in Germany.

Customer Question

My son's mother is in the Army and is stationed in Germany. We are not, and have never been married. I have full legal and physical custody and am seeking child support. In order for a subpoena to be issued, I need an address in the US for the subpoena to be issued to. Do I contact the JAG to receive this information? Would she receive this subpoena while in Germany? This has been a tedious task to accomplish and I am seeking advice.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  rsa.esq replied 1 year ago.

In fact, you should be able to contact the JAG at the Army facility nearest you for help establishing a location to serve the subpoena. It can be served to her via sending it to her base in Germany, even if she lives off-base.

Be aware that the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act may enable delay of any legal proceedings until her duty status affords her the ability to attend and protect her interests.

Thanks,

scott