Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

I WAS TALKING TO YOU A FEW MINUTES AGO ABOUT BACK PAY. THANK

Customer Question

DOUG, THIS IS MRS. JONES, I WAS TALKING TO YOU A FEW MINUTES AGO ABOUT BACK PAY. THANK YOU , I WILL TALK TO SOMEONE AT THE SS OFFICE. CAN YOU MAYBE TELL ME IF MY HUSBAND WAS GETTING A VETERANS CHECK FOR AGENT ORANGE, AM I SUPOSE TO BE RECEIVING THAT CHECK
ALSO AFTER HE PASSED AWAY OR NOT
Category: Military Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

That will be a question for the military law category. I will opt out and ask for your question to be transferred.

Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Possibly. Surviving spouses of Veterans who were exposed to Agent Orange and died as the result of diseases related to Agent Orange exposure may be eligible for a monthly payment called Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC). You also may be eligible for DIC if your husband dies from other service- related injuries or diseases or was totally disabled from service-connected conditions for certain lengths of time at the time of death.

Essentially, his death must be somehow service connected by prior disease or injury.

Please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if the customer rates my response. Thank you.

Please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if the customer rates my response. Thank you